[Zope3-dev] SVN problem since sunday

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 10:29:14 EST 2004

[Jim Fulton]
> I just tried and had no difficulty.  Could y'all be more specific
> about the problems you had?  Wanna try now?

See earlier email about my experience.

It's hard to be specific when using TortioseSVN:  virtually any
problem anywere in the chain is reported via a popup box with the
useless "Connection closed unexpectedly" msg.  So (Roger), cmdline svn
is much more useful when you're having problems.

BTW, pointing a web browser at svn.zope.org just now gave

An Exception Has Occurred
Python Traceback

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-1.0-dev/lib/viewcvs.py", line 3194, in main
    request.run_viewcvs()
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-1.0-dev/lib/viewcvs.py", line 264, in run_viewcvs
    self.rootpath, rev)
  File "/usr/local/viewcvs-1.0-dev/lib/vclib/svn/__init__.py", line
327, in __init__
    self.youngest = fs.youngest_rev(self.fs_ptr, self.pool)
SubversionException: ('Berkeley DB error while getting youngest
revision (finding last entry) for filesystem
/svn/repos/main/db:\nCannot allocate memory', 160029)

I think we've had enough Berkeley Denial Syndrome for one day <wink>.