[Zope3-dev] How to add objects?

Wed Nov 3 04:42:35 EST 2004

Hello,
I've asked this question already about two weeks ago but I think that I
explained it in a bad way to noone understood it...

I've two content componenents: Event and Main.

Main is responsible for anything which is not related to a Event, like
navigation bar, display welcome or aboutus pages. There should be a link
from a site contained in Main to a form in which you fill in the
information needed to create a new Event (Location, Time, Description).
After submitting this form the new Event should be created and one
should be redirected to a confirmation page.

As far as my understanding of OOP goes it is Events responsibility to
provide such a form and handle the creation of the object (since I've
defined a factory in the registration of Event, now I need a "visual
factory").

Of course, I've a already defined a addform, but this is only for the ZMI:

	<addform
		label="Add CSEvent"
		name="AddCSEvent.html"
		schema="..interfaces.IEvent"
		content_factory="..event.Event"
		permission="zope.ManageContent"
	/>

But I want to design the form myself using my own skin.

My questions are:

a) How to I configure such a add form?
b) How do the form need to look like? Like names for the input fields,
destination to post form data, ...
c) If the form needs a supporting view class, how do the class has to
look like?
d) How do I call the form?

Thanks a lot for answering all or some question, for pointing me to
documentation or if I get something completely wrong for putting me back
on the right path!

Florian