[Zope3-dev] Distributing Zope as a ZIP file

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Wed Nov 10 16:25:30 EST 2004

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> So probably, the answer is no. It's definitely no for zope2, but zope3
> might have better separation of c-extensions. I don't have a Z3
> installation on this computer, so I can't check.

It's certainly possible, using the pattern:

  try:
    from foo._foo_bar import *
  except ImportError:
    from _foo_bar import *

wherever native libraries are imported, but I don't know if we want to
foul the code with this.

I'd like to get some input from Jim or Fred on this. I assume the point
of using qualified names such as _zope_proxy_proxy is to support storing
these modules outside the package hierarchy, or no?

 -- Garrett