[Zope3-dev] seaside ideas (Re: Brainstorming page architecture, pagelets, portlets, etc.)

Simon Michael simon at joyful.com
Fri Nov 12 16:03:35 EST 2004

> Is this the approach taken in CPSSkins? Will have a look at it.

That was my question also. :) Sounds good.

I've been wanting to post these links as additional food for thought.
They're from seaside, the squeak-based web app system.

Here's a simple app, a short presentation:
http://seaside.joyful.com/seaside/presentation

Now here's the seaside management interface:
http://seaside.joyful.com/seaside/config . The login, for now, is admin, x.

Then click on the presentation app. This time you should see a manager
toolbar at the bottom. Try clicking these things, eg toggle halos. That
shows how the page is built up from objects, each rendering its own
markup. Click on the halo icons as well; you can browse (and change) the
code, css, etc.

Back up at top level (/config): it doesn't provide the strong placeful
folder metaphor as zope, but configurations work like zope folders with
properties set on them I think.

There's some appealing simplicity here! I found it interesting.

-Simon