[Zope3-dev] Re: Zope 3.0, and why I won't use it

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Nov 16 10:07:21 EST 2004

Lennart Regebro wrote:
> Max M wrote:

> I have a vague recollection of the Zope2.7 install making a start-menu
> link to teh script that makes new instances. That could be very helpful,
> maybe?

That was the first place I looked actually.

> I haven't looked much at it myself, I just had the same problems
> understanding what happened, and simply ended up checking out HEAD with
> svn and compiling it that way. It was easier. ;)

I wonder if there is a reason that it ends up in site-packages instead
of in its own seperate directory?

It certainly make upgrading to newer versions of Z3 more difficult. The
main reason for Zope 2.7 was to make it easier to seperate different
versions of Zope, Python, product collections (like cmf) etc.

As far as I can see, the new install procedure is a regression in that
regard.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/