[Zope3-dev] RE: [Zope3-Users] Customisation of addform

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Nov 30 08:09:03 EST 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2004 1:24 PM
> To: zope3-users at zope.org; dev at projekt01.ch
> Cc: 'Florian Lindner'
> Subject: Re: [Zope3-Users] Customisation of addform
>
> On Tuesday 30 November 2004 04:41, Roger Ineichen wrote:
> > Belive me, theres no way to register another template for
> this directive.
> > That's really hardcoded. Nobody fixed it till now. My ideea to let
> > us override metaconfigure registrations, wasn't accepted.
> This makes it
> > impossible to change templates which are declared as
> ViewPageTemplates
> > in classes if such a class is used as a metadirective and
> registers Zope3
> > stuff by the start process.
>
> Note that the browser:containerViews directive is just a
> shortcut. You can of
> course just register the view yourself using browser:page in
> which case you
> can provide your own contents.pt. That's the reason Roger's idea was
> rejected.

Ok, You are right.

My comment is just correct for existing IContainer views.
There is no way to replace existing contents.pt of
all Zope components where have a contents view.
There are registred allready with the contents.pt template
from the zope.app.container.browser.contents.py ViewPageTemplate.

Regards
Roger