[Zope3-dev] How to structure different related packages

Sat Oct 2 07:59:49 EDT 2004

Hello,
my webapplication is planned to consists of different objects which
should be organized in different packages which also depend on each
other. The names of them would also be very general names (user, event,
location) and I want to avoid name clashes with possible 3rd pary or
zope internal packages.
What is the best way to organize them?
a) Place them in zope-instance/lib/ and give them a prefix like CSUser,
CSEvent, CSRessources and also name the objects accordingly (ICSUser ->
CSUser, ...)
b) Place them all in zope-instance/lib/CS/ and name them without
worrying about name clashes (IUser -> User)
c) Make it like a) and b): place in zope-instance/lib/CS/ and use a prefix.

I think b is the best one and they packages are also uniquely
destinctable with dotted names. Is there really no problems doing it
like that? What is the preferred way of grouping packages with all
belong together?

Thx,
Florian