[Zope3-dev] RFC: Release cycles

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Oct 2 16:49:16 EDT 2004

On Thursday 30 September 2004 17:50, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> >> I'm also not proposing to set a specific time period that a release
> >> cycle should take. Quality code takes time and that's ok.
> >
> > More importantly, it takes volunteers.
>
> Sure. But Goldegg has shown that people are actually willing to
> volunteer in the future, let alone the volunteers we have now. Overall
> we should expect more contributions for Zope 3 because an increasing
> number of people are going to build apps on it and realize that this or
> that needs to improved. This has happened with Steve, Alan/Sidnei, and
> Roger already.

I have seen not much output from Goldegg yet. There was not even a writeup
about the decisions that were made. All that we got from there was a couple
of started Wiki pages with a list of existing and desired features, luckily
most of them with an explanation.

From my point of view the most important outcome of this sprint so far was the
prototype of the interface-based workflow.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter