[Zope3-dev] ZServerSSL for Zope X3

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at netmemetic.com
Sun Oct 3 02:40:21 EDT 2004

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 01:56:23PM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> 0. Are you sure your code runs, since there is no ZCML code declaring the
> server type?

It does, I have a picture to prove it! ;-)

    http://sandbox.rulemaker.net/ngps/123

Yeah, now that you mention it, I realise I missed out committing my patch
to app/server/configure.zcml... There, added.

> 1. Python file names should contain no underscores, i.e. rename
> `https_server.py` to `httpsserver.py`.
>
> 2. Read the guidelines on naming variables, including classes, methods, public
> and private attributes. In short, for all public variable names camel-case is
> used without any aid of underscores.

Ok.

> 3. Unless HTTPS is going to make it in the core (I am very open to discuss
> this), I think we should try have the code live in the instance home. I think
> all of the code you provide should live in a single package called `https` or
> `httpsserver`. This way you have one location to look for all of the code.

Sounds reasonable. I'll look into that. In the case of configure.zcml, is
it sufficient to just create one here for this package, or is some other
magic needed?

Thanks for the comments. Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>