[Zope3-dev] Re: RFC: Release cycles

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Sun Oct 3 14:17:20 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:

> I have seen not much output from Goldegg yet. There was not even a writeup
> about the decisions that were made. All that we got from there was a couple
> of started Wiki pages with a list of existing and desired features, luckily
> most of them with an explanation.
>
> From my point of view the most important outcome of this sprint so far was the
> prototype of the interface-based workflow.

The prototype was merely a prototype, and served mastly as a way to
explore Jim's idea in code.

The most important outcome of the meeting (which wasn't really a sprint,
in the normal sense) was a commitment from the current Zope2-based CMS
projects to collaborate (under the ZPL) on a set of infrastructure
supporting CMS developemnt.  Note that this shared infrastructure will
be *outside* the Zope3 core.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com