[Zope3-dev] Re: Outcome of Goldegg was Re: RFC: Release cycles

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Mon Oct 4 09:06:16 EDT 2004

Janko Hauser wrote:

>>The most important outcome of the meeting (which wasn't really a sprint,
>>in the normal sense) was a commitment from the current Zope2-based CMS
>>projects to collaborate (under the ZPL) on a set of infrastructure
>>supporting CMS developemnt.  Note that this shared infrastructure will
>>be *outside* the Zope3 core.
>>

> Is there anything more written down, than the bullet lists at the z3 wiki?

There was a lot more text than "bullets" created, on the "team" links
from the sprint page:

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/CastleSprint2004

> Is there a plan to discuss this further or a place, where more ideas can
> be placed?

There is a mailing list being created;  I expect Jim will announce it on
the Zope3 list (and others) as soon as it is ready (naming it was one of
the holdups ;)

> Sure there was an impressive list of different zope cms
> people there, but what I miss is more a discussion like your presentation,
> about the lessons learned.

My presentations to the Plone (both revised after the Castle Sprint) are
online at:

   http://zope.org/Members/tseaver/Plone2004

Jim's keynote, which also reflected the outcome of the Castle Sprint)
doesn't yet appear to be online.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com