[Zope3-dev] RFC: Release cycles

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Oct 5 13:52:14 EDT 2004

Hey,

I like the idea of time-based release cycles, like Gnome has been
keeping to for a while and Ubuntu linux is also aiming to do. Everybody
knows the date the next release will happen on. Knowing when the release
will happen will also affect many decisions concerning stability. You're
not going to add a destabilizing feature if you know release is going to
happen shortly.

Gnome and Ubuntu use a half-yearly cycle, and that seems like a good
idea for me.

Within such a cycle there can be bugfix release, of course.

This seems to be the best link about it in my short googling; I imagine
there's a better one somewhere than this, though:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-hackers/2002-June/msg00041.html

Regards,

Martijn