[Zope3-dev] Traceback filenames

Peter Mayne PeterMayne at ap.spherion.com
Tue Oct 5 21:10:45 EDT 2004

I unpack Z3 into /tmp/ZopeX3-3.0.0c2 and do the build/install dance into
/opt/ZopeX3-3.0.0.

Whenever I get a traceback, the filenames are of the form
"/tmp/ZopeX3-3.0.0c2/build/lib.linux-i686-2.3/zope/publisher/publish.py"
instead of "/opt/ZopeX3-3.0.0/lib/python/zope/publisher/publish.py",
even though I've deleted the build directory.

My guess is that this is because the .pyc and .pyo files are created in
the build directory and then moved, rather than doing the precompiling
in the install directory.

Is this something that needs tidying up, or should I just not worry
about it?

PJDM
--
Peter Mayne