[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 a la carte

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Oct 6 14:54:43 EDT 2004

Fred Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:44:04 +0200, Martijn Faassen <faassen at infrae.com> wrote:
>
>>I thought the packaging system you wrote had a dependency framework that
>>made extracting the relevant packages easier, but perhaps I'm wrong as
>>you don't seem to mention it here?
>

> It does.  What I'm not happy with is the number of packages that are
> actually relevant.  I'd like to see fewer actual dependencies.

Ah, I figured perhaps it wasn't entirely clear to the original poster
that this was possible, though since it's Shane I'm likely deluded here.

I secretly hoped that you'd say, oh, yeah, it's using this command, and
then I'd finally learn how to do this too. ;) I'm interested in doing
this to see how big Zope 3 will be with all the dependencies for Five
being there. I suspect that the Five subset will look quite a bit like
the one Shane wants, too.

If a weeding is necessary to reduce dependencies, we may be able to help
each other. Of course if this means the result will only be released
next year I admit I'll get a bit less enthusiastic. ;)

Regards,

Martijn