[Zope3-dev] Re: Question about skins (standard_macros)

Thu Oct 7 09:30:03 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter schrieb:

>On Thursday 07 October 2004 08:46, Florian Lindner wrote:
>

>>>From my understanding, 'standard_macros' is a name that holds macros
>>>defined in 'standardmacros.py'. The names in the 'macro_pages' tuple
>>>are configured in 'configure.zcml'. I might be wrong, though.
>>>

>>I already thought something like that. But how does Zope knows which
>>macros out of the macro_pages to pick?
>>

>It selects the first one found. But I would consider it bad programming, if
>you have a macro defined twice.

But the rotterdam skins defines the page macro twice:

in template.pt registered as skin_macros and in view_macros.pt
registered as view_macros.

Since macro_pages is defined as
macro_pages = ('skin_macros', 'view_macros', 'dialog_macros',
'navigation_macros')

is the macro from view_marcos ever been choosen?
A missunderstanding of my site (what I suppose) or bad programming of
the rotterdam skin?

Thx,

Florian