[Zope3-dev] HTTP sessions

Peter Mayne PeterMayne at ap.spherion.com
Thu Oct 7 23:57:39 EDT 2004

In my IMDB application, I upload a fair amount of data. A lot of work
happens on the server, and when it finishes, I'd like to inform the user
of the results: how many records were added, how many failures, etc.

Normally I'd to this by adding something to the session when the work is
done, then redirecting to a page which extracts the information from the
  session and displays it. However, Z3 doesn't appear to support sessions.

Am I missing the obvious, or isn't session support there yet? If it
isn't there yet, what alternatives do I have? For instance, I could
write the information into a temporary folder using a random string as a
key, then redirect to a page with that string as a parameter; the page
could then retrieve the information from the temporary folder and
display it. But Z3 appears not to have Z2's temporary storage either.

Thanks.

PJDM
--
Peter Mayne