[Zope3-dev] Re: HTTP sessions

Peter Mayne PeterMayne at ap.spherion.com
Sun Oct 10 20:54:42 EDT 2004

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Stephan Richter wrote:
>
>> On Thursday 07 October 2004 23:57, Peter Mayne wrote:
>>
>>> Normally I'd to this by adding something to the session when the work is
>>> done, then redirecting to a page which extracts the information from the
>>>  session and displays it. However, Z3 doesn't appear to support
>>> sessions.
>>
>> Yes it does. See zope.app.session.

I did a fairly reasonable search, including "find . -name '*session*'",
which would have picked up something as obvious as that.

> That's only in the trunk... Peter is right, X3.0 does NOT support sessions.

Well, at least that encourages stateless programming. :-)

Sidetrack question: what does "in the trunk" mean here?

> Peter, you can probably backport the zope.app.session package for your
> application. It most likely does not depend on anything trunk-specific.

Probably, but I'll go with the temporary Folder solution: it keeps the
application stateless, so I don't need a session anyway. Is a RAM folder
going to be part of the Z3 distribution?

PJDM
--
Peter Mayne
Spherion Technology Solutions