[Zope3-dev] Text searching

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Oct 12 04:27:27 EDT 2004

Peter Mayne wrote:
> My IMDB application works nicely except for the obvious lack of searching.
>
> What/when is the goal for including text indexing/searching? Is it far
> enough away that I ought to try something like Lupy?

There is basic text-serach support.  See: zope/app/catalog/README.txt *on the trunk*.

Note that this will change a little bit soon. The interfaces used for indexing
are a bit wrong, because they expose search results in a way that doesn't
support joins accross catalogs and catalog-like objects and because they
make poor use of the underlying catalog data structures.