[Zope3-dev] Re: Login despite zope.Public

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Oct 13 05:07:02 EDT 2004

Florian Lindner wrote:
> Why do I need to log in?

I guess that some object you're accessing (view, content, utility, etc.)
requires more than just zope.Public privileges.

> One more question:
> What permission has precedence? The permission used while registering
> the view (for interfaces.IEvent) or the one for the template (name=
> skin_macros) or the one of the class=.standardmacros.StandardMacros??

None takes precendence, they all count in. StandardMacros, skin_macros
etc. are views that are simply looked up for which you need to have the
correct privileges.

Btw, this may just be a matter of taste, but I prefer not protecting
even public pages with zope.Public. I prefer protecting them with
zope.View or mypackage.View and granting that permission to the
anonymous principal.

Philipp