[Zope3-dev] Re: HTTP sessions

jxr at gmx.de jxr at gmx.de
Tue Oct 19 03:47:52 EDT 2004

Jeffrey Shell wrote:

>Is there any concern that this will cause people to stay away from
>X3.0, or that it will lead to weaker 3rd party session management
>implementations for X3.0?
>
>Lack of sessions is a big blocker for an application system that I'm
>wanting to port to Zope X3.  I might try working on a different system
>instead, though.

I'm glad that you are raising this topic. The applications built in my
company all require session support. Discovering that session was left
behind in X3.0 is a show stopper for us. The prospect of session beeing
available with the next release due in an unforseeable point in time led to
a migration decision away from Zope.
Please note that I'm not complaining, I'm fully aware of Zope beeing a
volunteer driven project.

Jens

--
GMX ProMail mit bestem Virenschutz http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail