[Zope3-dev] Re: A possible component architecture interpretation of workflow

Yves Moisan ymoisan at smnetcom.com
Fri Oct 22 08:27:52 EDT 2004

Hi all,

FWIW, rule-based validation is the modus operandi of Schematron.  I
wonder how Schematron engines (mostly XSLT apps but also something like
Scimitar http://uche.ogbuji.net/uche.ogbuji.net/tech/4Suite/scimitar/,
which is a Python implementation of ISO Scchematron) could be useful in
the more general problem of form validation.

If the validation logic could be factored out to a more general purpose
app like scimitar, I think that would be interesting.

My 2 cents.

Yves Moisan