[Zope3-dev] Fatal page-layer-menu problem! RC and trunk!

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Tue Oct 26 10:52:40 EDT 2004

Fatal conceptual problem.

Release candidate and trunk!

Affects the following directives:
<browser:pages>
<browser:page>
<browser:view>
<browser:addview>
<browser:editform>

... and other page or view based directive

If we register a page on a layer and a menu
like "zmi_view" the page is only available in
this layer(skin). The zmi_view action ignores the layer
by the registration and is available in every layer.

This affects in a not found page error on a skin
other then the layer we regsitred the page!

1. Problem
If you use the release candidate there is no
way to see that. It's just a problem if you
need other skins and you whould like to provide
a page with "zmi_menu" actions only in this skin.
The link from the "zmi_view" is available in the
rotterdam skin, but the page only in the new layer
based skin.

2. Problem
It's not possible to override a page in a
different layer if you use a "zmi_view" menu
action. The menu directive means there is
a duplicated menu item. Because of it's
missing layer part.
(quick hack solution; only register menu and title in
one page directive.)

I propose to integrate layers in menu's too.

Regards
Roger Ineichen
Projekt01 GmbH
www.projekt01.ch