[Zope3-dev] Forms without schemas: helper mechanisms?

Peter Mayne PeterMayne at ap.spherion.com
Wed Oct 27 01:18:28 EDT 2004

I'm writing some forms that don't have one-to-one mappings between
<input> tags and schema fields. Stuff like "Enter your name so I can be
polite to you", or "wizards" where the user enters values for an object
across multiple pages. However, I'd still like to use Zope to automate
this somewhat: in particular, do my own field validation and present the
form back to the user with the extra error information added to the
fields. Then I can do my own processing (create objects etc) instead of
letting Zope add an object.

Are there any helper mechanisms that I can use? For instance,
WidgetInputError looks interesting, but I haven't yet figured out how to
use it in my own forms.

Looking at the addform and widget_rows macros, I suspect doing it
manually could end up being easier than trying to use bits of Zope, but
it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks.

PJDM
--