[Zope3-dev] error: uncaptured python exception

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at projekt01.ch
Thu Oct 28 06:17:19 EDT 2004

>>Is this reproducable?
>Damn, not today it isn't. :-( I'll see if I can make it happen again.

I also got that spook two weeks ago on one of mine zope3 instances
(windows xp).
I had this error in dualmodechannel.py in a long sequence of
interactions...

1: I restarted zope3 -> still the same errors
2: I restarted the system -> still the same errors
3: I updated from trunk and restarted zope3 -> still the same errors
4: I checked out a new zope3 and copied all my personal stuff ->
everything was fine...
... for a while. One hour later the errors apperared another time
but disappeared after few minutes whitout changing or restarting the
system.
Since that time the spook is goone :)

I tried to reproduce the error afterward unsuccessfully.

>... I have never determined that the exception itself is
>problematic, but it seems to correlate with times that a site
>is running
>slow, and thus that users get impatient.

I could not force this error clicking around like a monkey if
the system was not in the spook-mode. If the system was in the
spook-mode almost every user-interaction provoked that error.

Regards,
Dominik