[Zope3-dev] services and utilities outside a context

Alberto Degli Esposti ade8850 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 06:37:30 EDT 2004

Hi,
I have a thread that do some task ouside a zope context. I need to get
a reference to objects stored in the zodb, so, I used a local
IUniqueIdUtility to get unique ids of the objects and I wrote the ids
to a file. The thread read the file and try to use the utility to
retrieve a reference to the object but,  I don't know how to get
utilities or services with zapi.getService or getUtility without a
ComponentLookupError. Is there a better way to store and retrieve a
zodb object reference?

Thanks

#a