[Zope3-dev] Some Z3 thoughts

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 12:45:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 17:47:43 +0200, Lennart Regebro <regebro at nuxeo.com> wrote:
> Sorry, in the installation. I like the Zope2 way of having a separate
> Products where you put all the third-party stuff, but there doesn't seem
> to be anything like that for Zope3.

You should always run an installed Zope using an "instance", which is
created using $prefix/bin/mkzopeinstance.  Inside the instance is a
directory lib/python/, which is intended as a place to install
additional Python packages specific to that instance.

If that's not what you're looking for, then I'm not sure what you're asking.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation