[Zope3-dev] Re: Some Z3 thoughts

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Oct 29 14:34:49 EDT 2004

Tonico Strasser wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>> Tonico Strasser wrote:

>>> How can the UI folks help the Python folks to improve the Zope 3 user
>>> interface?
>>

>> Lots of ways:
>>
>> - Help us get the styles in the current skin right.
>>   This involves debugging CSS.  (for example, we currently have a
>>   sort of menu bar that fails when the menu wraps over multiple
>>   lines, because the background color doesn't extend to the second
>>   line and the text is white.  I'd fix this if I has a clue about CSS.)
>

> What are the target browsers? Do you want support for IE5 or Opera 6 or
> Konqueror or text browsers?

These are great questions.  We need to decide that together.
The original Rotteram skin was designed specifically for current
versions of IE and Mozilla at the end of 2002. :)

>> - Assess usability of what we have and suggest improvement
>

> Where is the best place to discuss Z3 UI usability issues?

I think that this list is a fine place.

>> - Help make improvements
>

> I'd like to join the Zope 3 UI-team, but it doesn't exist, does it?

Not in an organized way.  There are a number of people involved
with an interest in UI.  I'm not sure how much organization is needed.

BTW, Roger Ineichen has done some work on a pagelet model as described
in: http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/UIPresentation

Collaborating on this work might be a good way to get a team started.