[Zope3-dev] Some Z3 thoughts

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 15:24:33 EDT 2004

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 13:48:50 -0400, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> I think a major problem here is that windows users generally don't
> expect to have to use the command line.  They expect to double click
> on things.  If it wasn't zope, *I* wouldn't expect to use the command
> line when using windows. :)

Then the users who want point-and-clicky could contribute by writing a
Tkinter-based mini-app to front-end the instance creation tool; it's
just Python code, after all.

For anyone who wants to do this project, you can write the UI code
against what's in the zope.app.server.mkzopeinstance module.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation