[Zope3-dev] Re: Apache rewrite rules and URLs: an experiment

Peter Mayne PeterMayne at ap.spherion.com
Sun Oct 31 19:35:46 EST 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> What about using:
> <a tal:attributes="href context/@@/z3logo.gif">
>
> I think this is the recommended way; will it do the right thing?

I looked at this a little bit more. Obviously, this is context relative,
so if I'm using this template one folder down, I have to change the URL
to "context/../@@/z3logo.gif". Therefore, this won't work in a template
that is used at different folder depths.

This makes me wonder why I would use "context/path" at all, when just
"path" is both easier to type (fewer keystrokes), and produces a shorter
URL in the output.

So, we're back to my original proposition: use relative paths where
possible, and "request.getApplicationURL(path_only=True) + path" where
an absolute path is required. No other URL in a template is correct.

Comments?

PJDM
--
Peter Mayne