[Zope3-dev] Including Utilities into distro

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at tufts.edu
Wed Sep 1 19:51:11 EDT 2004

Hi all,

to answer my own post and tell you what the status is, here another mail.

On Wednesday 01 September 2004 17:28, Stephan Richter wrote:
> finddeps.py -- A very useful tool for people to determine their
> dependencies. This is particularly useful, if people wish to create
> zpkg-based distros.

The zope.dependencytool package is not packaged with Zope X3.0, so that I
could not add the script. We might want to consider to add this tool though.

> i18nextract.py -- This is important to everyone that wants to build
> i18n-enabled applications. It is also documented in the Zope 3 book.
>
> i18nmergeall.py -- When updating the POT file you commonly also want to
> update all PO files. This tool will find all languages in your locale dir
> automatically and updates each language's PO file.
>
> i18nstats.py -- A general tool to provide the status for every language.
> This can be very useful to check which translations need updating.

I was able to add all three of these scripts, once I made the
zope/app/locales/extract.py module a flexible enough to accept a path for the
'site.zcml' file as argument to zcml_strings().

> importchecker.py -- Checks whether all imported objects are actually used.
> This is great for code cleanups.

This was also not hard to do, except that we really want the importtool here;
however, its package, zope.importtool, is not part of the distribution
either. We might want to add this so, and remove importchecker.py.

> pysekel.py -- A tool to create a class skeleton from an interface. This
> tool is documented in the Zope 3 book.

This was added without much hassle.

> runurl.py -- A nice tool to run a URL and get some statistics.

For some reason this one gave me a hard time, so I just left it out.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter