Re: AW: [Zope3-dev] Re: AW: Pagelets and UI (was: IsarSprint topics -Zope 3application components) (Geändert von Michael Zeltner)

Michael Zeltner mzeltner at netalleynetworks.com
Tue Sep 14 04:03:46 EDT 2004

Am 13.09.2004 um 20:38 schrieb <dev at projekt01.ch>:

> Sounds good, to me. But I think I have to see it in action.
> I'm not shure how much work it is for to get a running
> homepage with this pagelet system.

1. Provide an interface to fill it with pagelets (and of course define
it with ZCML - we call that interfaces regions, but we don't require
any special declaration)
2. Register a pagelet to fill a region (e.g.:
https://malik.netalleynetworks.com/siesia-lf/trunk/structure/
configure.zcml)
3. Call the pagelets from your interface (e.g.:
https://malik.netalleynetworks.com/siesia-lf/trunk/main/root.pt)

So i think it's pretty straight forward, as it doesn't require any
heavy or very special work.

You can get https://malik.netalleynetworks.com/siesia-lf/trunk/ as well
as https://malik.netalleynetworks.com/siesia-schema/trunk/ and play
with it yourself - the basics are already there and they work (just put
it into isia.siesia.lf and isia.siesia.schema).

(For all urls above: if it asks you for username and password in your
browser, just click cancel, it's satisfied without any login)

>> Netalley Networks LLP are hoping to send Michael Zeltner to attend
>> IsarSprint. He'd be happy to collaborate with you in increasing the
>> power of the pagelet concept and moving your portlet system to be
>> rendered as a
>> (set of) pagelet(s).
>
> Ok, whould be great to meet Michael there. I'm shure we can
> workout some examples for to show what exactly a pagelet system is.

Oh, i think Siesia Look & Feel (siesia-lf) shows quite well how it's
meant to be used. However, yes there are still a few other more or less
special cases where we need to clarify some issues. And we need to
define the decision process of when one should use regions and pagelets
and when one should use other tools.

Regards, Michael
--
Michael Zeltner