[Zope3-dev] Re: error on installing c1

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Sep 23 12:31:33 EDT 2004

Juergen Rose wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I checked out the c1 tag from subversion. Then I compiled the stuff via
> make. I wanted to install it in /opt/Zope3 so I ran
>
> python2.3 setup.py install --prefix=/opt/Zope3
>
> but this raises following error
>
> [...]
> byte-compiling
> /opt/Zope3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ZODB/tests/testZODB.py to
> testZODB.pyc
> running install_headers
> error: can't copy 'src/zope/context/wrapper.h': doesn't exist or not a
> regular file
>
> Did I anything wrong?

Sort of :)

svn checkous are meant to be used *in-place*, which means you just
execute "make" and then "./z3.py" to start an instance. You can also use
bin/mkzopeinstance.py to split off another instance off of the checkout
but we usually don't do that even.

If you want a properly installable version of Zope X3, please download
the tarball and follow the usual distutils procedure.

Philipp