[Zope3-dev] Re: error on installing c1

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 14:01:05 EDT 2004

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:31:33 +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen
<philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> svn checkous are meant to be used *in-place*, which means you just
> execute "make" and then "./z3.py" to start an instance. You can also use
> bin/mkzopeinstance.py to split off another instance off of the checkout
> but we usually don't do that even.

Nonetheless, the setup.py shouldn't refer to headers that are no
longer in the tree.

I've removed the bogus reference.  We still shouldn't be installing
from a checkout.  This should be fixed, and I have a rough idea of how
that should happen, but I don't have time to do this right now.

(Basically, the setup.py in the checkout should drive the zpkgsetup
package to drive distutils.)

  -Fred

Zope Corporation