[Zope3-dev] Principal with annotations

Fri Sep 24 11:09:28 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter schrieb:

>On Friday 24 September 2004 02:49, Florian Lindner wrote:
>

>>I've asked this questions to the list already some time before but the
>>discussion didn't led to a solution for me. So I try again...  ;-)
>>
>>I want to create a principal which just works like the normal principal
>>but addionally store some information related to it, for example real
>>name, email adress, homepage, ... Later the principal should also be
>>able to store more complex information, for example lists of references
>>to other prinicpals.
>>
>>What's the best point to start? I don't expect a step-by-step howto
>>hiere (also I would like it ;-)) but I need a point to start. Should I
>>build a new interface based on ISimplePrincipal and enhance it or use
>>PrincipalAnnotation utitlity (how to do that?)?
>>

>Read the Zope 3 Book (http://dev.zope.org/Zope3Book) chapter on the Principal
>Annotations Service.
>
>http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/principalannotation.html
>http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/principalannotation.pdf

This chapter is pretty new, isn't it? When I worked through the Zope3
book some months ago I didn't noticed such a chapter.
My first questions arises right at the beginning:

"However, principals are often imported from external data sources, so
that they are not attribute annotatable."
Since my principals are not impored from external data source but live
in the ZODB is there a even easier way to fulfil my needs? (attrribute
annotatable, what is that?)

Thanks,
Florian