[Zope3-dev] Make principals display userinfo about themselves

Sun Sep 26 13:22:18 EDT 2004

Hallo,
in webapplications you can very often get a UserProfile page with some
infos about the user.
Can I enhance principals in a way that they display their own profile?
(these profiles should be accessible by all authenticated users).
The first problem I see is that user instances live in software space
and therefore are only accessible for managers TTW. So this path to a
user is useless:
http://localhost:8080/++etc++site/default/AuthenticationService/PrincipalSource/sampleuser.
What would be the best way to achieve that? Just using a ZPT with
userinfo.zpt/sampleuser (sampleuser as a argument to userinfo.zpt)?
Thx,
Florian