[Zope3-dev] Vocabulariy issues

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Sep 27 04:56:20 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> On Saturday 25 September 2004 18:40, Jim Fulton wrote:
>
>>Thoughts?
>

> Two quick thoughts:
>
> 1. Please let's not forget the cases where the vocabularies are not that big
> and are iteratable. This is currently the most common case.

Yes, I discussed that in my proposal.

> 2. Let's keep the API as simple as possible. At the beginning of the mail you
> say you want to make vocabularies collections of values only, but then your
> new API still has the ITerm interface. I like that fact, since it keeps
> things easy. I would hate if vocabs just manage vlaues and I have to write
> views for the values to get the title or the token.

I proposed that extraction of tokens and titles from a vocabulary should
be the responsibility of presentation code.  Ultimately, the vocabulary
may need to store information used to make up the title and tokens, but
we'll leave it to the ITerms view to know how to get it out.