[Zope3-dev] Release for Views As Adapters

dev at projekt01.ch dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Sep 27 18:20:45 EDT 2004

The implementation of "Implement Views As Adapters"
gives me a little headache.

The implementation is really great but my question is:

How long does it takes till we have a release
candidate which provides this new implementation.

We work on a poject where we use the release candidate
for to develope on. And there we use some concept
for to register views as multi adapters. This
code breaks now. That's ok we can fiy this, but now we
have no real base for to develope on.

e.g
Zope3 release candidate mixed with the presentation package.

I think such changes requiere a fast releas management.

Don't hit me for that question, but is it possible
to start a z3.1 Alpha which provides a outlook with
such fundamental changes?

Perhaps we can discuss some of this questions on the IsarSprint:

- How can developer see what's comming in a new release?

- Can we provide a future Alpha package of the next release
  for to develope with?

- What's the criterions for to release a package. Specially
  if developer use the trunk as a kind of collector for usefull
  packages?

Mit freundlichen Grüssen
Roger Ineichen
Projekt01 GmbH