[Zope3-dev] Make principals display userinfo about themselves

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Sep 28 08:39:33 EDT 2004

On Tuesday 28 September 2004 08:35, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > You do not need to access or even should access the current principal via
> > this path. The authenticated principal is stored in the request and the
> > participation. You can simply register templates as resources that use
> > the request to extract all user information. See my previous mail on how
> > to store data on a principal.
>
> What if you want to show information on a different user than the one
> currently logged in?

Then you have to give a user the permission to access the software space path
stated before. If you develop an app that makes user content a central
feature (i.e. all documents of a user are stored in a user folder and not in
a public hierarchy), then I think you should develop a system that assigns a
user a folder in software space.

Regards,
Stephan
--