[Zope3-dev] ItemTypePrecondition and __setitem__

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Sep 28 09:26:50 EDT 2004

On Monday 27 September 2004 21:15, Peter Mayne wrote:
> Why does the IMessageContainer/IBugContainer form of precondition work
> for Message/Bug, but not for my type?

Can you send more of your code? You have to provide the interfaces in a
particular order, so that the inheritance works correctly.

> Why does the IMessageBoard interface do this directly, rather than letting
> MessageBoard implement an IMessageContainer style interface?

This is a really good question, which got me thinking at first too. But you
must not have read the explanation carefully. IMessageContainer does *not*
describe containers that can contain messages, but requires the message *to
be* a container. Note that the message board only allows IMessage
implementations, while the IMessageContainer allows both, IMessage and IFile
objects. IFile's are attachments to a message.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter