[Zope3-dev] Re: Release for Views As Adapters

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Sep 28 10:20:36 EDT 2004

Stephan Richter wrote:
> The trunk should not be used as a collector for packages that are supposed to
> be compatible with the releases. One major mistake we did for the X3.0 branch
> was that we removed all packages that are not part of the release, which
> makes it hard to release branch-compatible packages separately, such as ZWiki
> or the Bug Tracker application. So we will have to use separate branches for
> them. Phillip and I are planning to release the following packages for Zope
> X3.0: zope.app.workflow, zwiki, bugtracker, and psycopgda.

I discusses this issue with Jim on IRC the other day. I think we agreed
folding zwiki, bugtracker etc. out of Zope3/src and into their own
global packages, like psychopgda and ldapauth.  That way they can grow
their own tags and branches which will be absolutely necessary for
maintaining code that should run on ZopeX3.0 and X3.1. It is also needed
for releases when we want to tag. In order not to loose the testing
feature, copies will have to be made to Zope3/src to places where they
are now. These copies will have to be updated once in a while (ideally
by the built-bot).

Philipp