[Zope3-dev] Make principals display userinfo about themselves

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Sep 29 08:30:19 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 29 September 2004 06:28, Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > If you develop an app that makes user content a central
> > feature (i.e. all documents of a user are stored in a user folder and not
> > in a public hierarchy), then I think you should develop a system that
> > assigns a user a folder in software space.
>
> Okay, so that's the answer to the original poster's question. :) I think
> it's broader than just per-user documents; I think it applies to just
> user information like 'Full name', 'email address', etc. You don't want
> people to have to go into software space for that.

No, for simple attributes you should definitely use the principal annotations
system! Now that I think about it some more, I believe you could manage by
putting all data into a principal annotation. The Authentication Service
allows users to lookup other users. The security declarations on the returned
user and its annotations decide whether access is granted to the data or not.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter