[Zope3-dev] Propose removing broken query support from vocabularies

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Sep 30 10:42:22 EDT 2004

As I mentioned before, the current vocabulary implementation and APIs
include support for a concept called "queries". Unfortunately, the
support is non-functional.  Even worse, there is enough there to
trick people into wasting lots of time trying to make it work and
getting confused. (I speak from personal experience. :)

I'd like to rip out what's there.  In particular, I'd like to
remove the definition of the getQuery method from IBaseVocabulary.
This ends up being a dead chicken that every vocabulary has to implement
despite the fact that it doesn't do anything.

If there are no objections, I'm gong to go ahead and do that.