[Zope3-dev] Zope X3.1 Release preparations

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Sat Apr 2 14:46:17 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

this is a heads-up that the trunk is frozen now, specifically the packages
that are going to make it into the release. At this point I am not going to
make a release branch, as it makes bug fixing more annoying than it already
is!

While I am at the subject, there are many outstanding bugs that *need* fixing
before the release. If people are not going to fix those bugs, the release
will be postponed over and over again. I cannot stress enough that fixing
bugs is not the responsible of a sorry few, but of everyone! There are
outstanding issues of all difficulty levels, so there is no excuse for people
not to help out!

If several bugs get fixed during the next week, I will make an alpha release
next weekend. (Note that there is a lot of work involved in just preparing
the release meta-data to build the packages.)

So please, help us out here!

Regards,
Stephan
--