[Zope3-dev] RFC: Change in automatic detection of provided interfaces

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Apr 6 18:09:18 EDT 2005

Dieter Maurer wrote:
> Jim Fulton wrote at 2005-4-6 08:47 -0400:

>>Thoughts?
>

> What about the rule "explicit is better than implicit"?

I suggest that this *is* explicit.

If I have:

   class Foo:
       implements(IFoo)

you are very explicitly saying what the class implements.

The proposed change is to not consider base classes.
Ultimately, this makes the algorithm simpler from a code
inspection point of view.

> Does it make that much difference whether you specify the interface
> explicitly or can omit it based on some elaborate algorithm?

It is a pain to have to *repeat* that information in the
registration.  I have found this to significantly reduce the
burden of ZCML.