[Zope3-dev] Form framework, adapters and pau

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Fri Apr 8 11:55:40 EDT 2005

Behalf Of Jim Fulton
> Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 5:35 PM
> To: Dominik Huber
> Cc: Garrett Smith; roger.ineichen at projekt01.ch; zope3-dev at zope.org
> Subject: Re: [Zope3-dev] Form framework, adapters and pau
>
> Dominik Huber wrote:
> > Jim Fulton wrote:
> >
> >> OK, here's an alternate proposal:
> >>
> >>   If the permission attribute is used in the adapter
> directive and the
> >>   permission is not zope.Public, then:
> >>
> >>     If the adapter doesn't provide ILocation, we location
> proxy it and
> >>     set the parent.
> >>
> >>     If the adapter does provide ILocation and it's
> __parent__ is None,
> >>     we set the __parent__.
> >>
> >>   This will be accomplished with a custom factory.
> >>
> >> Does this make you happy? :)
> >

> > Yes, cool  ;)
> > Can I help anything or are you going to implement that code
>
> I don't think I'll have time to do this soon.  Will this be for
> 3.1 or 3.2?  Is it a feature or a bug fix? :)

This is a bug fix.
If we use local authentication (PAU). The checker used in the
editform will lookup in the global registry for principal
permissions.

Because the method canWrite looks up the permission with
"thread_local.interaction.checkPermission(permission, object)"
this ends in a bug if no location is provided.

Regards
Roger Ineichen