[Zope3-dev] WSGI support, Twisted, cool!

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Apr 13 10:24:03 EDT 2005

Hey,

Stephan Richter wrote:
[snip explanations]
>>I really think such efforts to make Zope 3 play nice with other systems,
>>frameworks and the like, are extremely important, so again thank you
>>Stephan for working on this! This will Zope 3 be perceived as a good
>>citizen within the Python community, which is a good thing as right now
>>people are still easily turned off by it.
>
> Thanks, but actually I am just interested in the Twisted integration, since I
> really want to see how we can hookup other protocols such as SMTP and POP3 to
> Zope 3. Jim really wanted WSGI for the HTTP server and since Twisted supports
> it I thought I learn about it some more; thus the documentation cleanups and
> interfaces.

That's of course by itself very good to have.

But that doesn't take away that I think Zope 3 should play nice with
other systems, and that doing this will make Zope 3 be perceived as
opening up more to the Python world. This is a good thing, as the rest
of the Python world has much to offer and we have, hopefully, much to
offer the rest of the Python world. This is yet another part of my theme
of "Zope 3 as an open source project" and how to make it succesful on a
social level, not just a technical level -- I think in fact that making
software successful on a social level also can improve its technology,
flattening learning curves and the like.

Regards,

Martijn