[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/branches/srichter-twisted-integration/

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Apr 14 15:06:51 EDT 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 14:22, Tres Seaver wrote:
> > Any constructive input? Will a temporary file be better? Will it work
> > easily cross-platform? How was this solved in Zope 2?
>
> Sidnei is correct that a RAM cache is not appropriate here;  a tempfile
> (but only one!) is the only sane route.  Note that Python's CGI module
> *also* creates tempfiles, which can lead to a copy (it does in Zope2):

I cannot guarantee that only one temporary file will be created. I have no
control over the CGI code. All I know is that we need to retry having the
original contents of the file. Also seek() is not an option, since we are now
WSGI compliant and WSGI only asks for a stream.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter