[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/branches/srichter-twisted-integration/

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Thu Apr 14 15:21:33 EDT 2005

On Thursday 14 April 2005 14:17, Sidnei da Silva wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 02:04:06PM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
> | Any constructive input? Will a temporary file be better? Will it work
> | easily cross-platform? How was this solved in Zope 2?
>
> So, in Zope 2, what we did recently was to introduce a LARGE_FILE_THRESHOLD
> ZConfig variable. If the file is larger than that, we use a temporary
> file. I don't see a reason for a temporaryfile (using the module
> tempfile?) not be cross-platform. Certainly Tim would know if there's
> any issue.

But this only works if you control both, the server and the application. In
WSGI-compliant code, the two are independent and all you are guaranteed to
have is a simple input stream.

But I think the real problem is within the publisher itself. While I have to
keep track of one unperturbed input stream, CGI might create temporary files
for part of this input stream. I have no idea on how to avoid this.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter