[Zope3-dev] Question and maybe enhancement of the HomeFolderManager

Wed Apr 20 07:01:27 EDT 2005

Hello,
when I want to use my own Folder implementation as a homefolder I have two
possibilities at the moment:

1) Disable autoCreate and create the homefolder myself.
2) Write a completely own implementation of IHomeFolderManager, use the
existing code, only change the line self.homeFolderBase[name] = Folder() in
assignHomeFolder(..) to something which creates my own IContainer
implementation

Is this correct?

My enhancement idea: Make it possible in the utility management site to select
the object type to create. Just display a list of all classes (or all classes
derived from IContained) and let the user select one.

Is this possible to implement?

ATM my knowledge is not sufficient to implement this, so for now I'll go the
way number 2 and file a collector issue. Maybe I'll be able to do this later.

Ok?

Florian