[Zope3-dev] release numbering

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Apr 20 09:14:39 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 09:07, Jake wrote:
> 2.7 -> 2.8 -> 2.9 -> 3.0 (merge)

I think this will probably still happen.

> X3.0 -> X3.1 -> 3.0 (merge)

I do not think this will happen. In fact, I am getting a strange feeling that
we will have both, 3.x and X3.x, around for a long time, since some people
want Zope 2 compatibility and others don't. I think that Zope 2 products just
use too much of the internal Zope 2 API that they could ever work in a Zope 3
environment.

> And that was the whole point of putting X in front of the 3, so you would
> know it was not really Zope 3.0, but X3.

Right, and I think this still holds.

Regards,
Stephan
--